Have you ever quit using a website or app because it was too hard to use? What about a confusing TV remote, kitchen appliance, or button in your car?
We help companies avoid creating useless or frustrating things. We help them create positive user experiences.
What is User Experience (UX)?
UX is science and art. UX professions like us use research to understand how people feel and what they need, and then design products to match that.
By approaching design strategically according to user needs, you also reduce the risk involved in launching a product. Analysts estimate that every dollar invested in UX brings $100 in return.
Who Are We?
We co-founded Kennason in 2015 after we recognized a need for UX services in Albany, Schenectady, and Troy. We help other companies help people by providing UX research and testing services for their products.
Becca Kennedy, PhD is a Human Factors Psychologist and UX Researcher.
Jacky Minkler is a Software Product Manager and UX Designer.
Adam Ryason is a Mechanical Engineering PhD student at RPI.
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Applying scientific research from psychology and sociology to design
- Conducting user research and usability testing
- Conducting UX audits of existing products (also called a heuristic evaluation or expert evaluation)
- Creating sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Collaborating with diverse teams on the UX research, design, and strategy process